Newbie, installing "custom" system

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Mogman
Read the full article

Re: Newbie, installing "custom" system

Post by Mogman »

How would that change the fact I did not get a response? I do have different email address but the one I gave was valid and most likely the same as I use here.
It is all a moot point since they are not in stock, others show to have it.
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Mogman wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:16 pm How would that change the fact I did not get a response? I do have different email address but the one I gave was valid and most likely the same as I use here.
I respond to most emails one way or the other. I'm not aware of what your other emails might be, so could not check. I just checked the one here since it was available.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
Mogman

Post by Mogman »

Tim wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:19 pm
Mogman wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:16 pm How would that change the fact I did not get a response? I do have different email address but the one I gave was valid and most likely the same as I use here.
I respond to most emails one way or the other. I'm not aware of what your other emails might be, so could not check. I just checked the one here since it was available.
Thanks for taking the time to check on it!, You had the best price I found so I am sad :(
Mogman

Post by Mogman »

So, I am ready to start making hoses and cannot find any answers on whether to oil the barrier hose before crimping?
I always oil my hydraulic hoses before crimping mostly because it makes it easier to seat the hose in the fitting and also because the guys that used to build my hoses before I picked up a commercial crimp setup did it.

I do understand to use the PAG oil on the o rings etc.
Mogman

Post by Mogman »

I am oiling the ID of the hoses.....
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Post by JohnHere »

For R-134a systems, I've always used Nylog Blue on the system's o-rings, joints, and threads with excellent results. If you do use this product, remember that just a little goes a long way.

I suppose that using the same PAG oil you're using in the system will help ease assembly of your barrier hose fittings, although no lubrication also works because the barrier ID is rather slick.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.
Mogman

Post by Mogman »

So due to space restrictions I need to bring both the compressor suction lines up and join them on top of the engine before connecting to the compressor low side.
I have found two solutions one is using a barrier crimp TEE witch to say would not be very elegant and difficult to implement would be an understatement.
The other is using a -10 JIC TEE and #10 flare fittings which would be an elegant solution only I read somewhere flare fittings and R134A do not mix as they will leak.
With no other input I plan on trying the second solution hoping being low side leakage would be minor if any.
A little more reading and evidently A/C flare is 45deg (SAE), I can get a 45deg tee, I also see copper sealing washers are available for flare fittings.
Also some Nylog Blue probably would not hurt.
Any thoughts??
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Post by JohnHere »

The soft copper washers probably would help to ensure a leak-free seal, as would the Nylog Blue. I've never used the copper washers, though.

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.
Mogman

Post by Mogman »

The #6 hose I have seems somewhat more "loose" in the fittings than the #8 or #10 I have, it is not reduced barrier but does not fit as snugly (before crimping) as the other sizes should I be concerned?
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Post by JohnHere »

I would worry because it might not seal tightly enough after crimping, which you wouldn't notice until after the system is assembled and charged.