What To Look For in an AC Machine?

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

tbirdtbird
Preferred Member
Read the full article

Re: What To Look For in an AC Machine?

Post by tbirdtbird »

It is interesting to note that whenever a discussion of electric cars comes up, the proponents always dodge the issue of already maxed out grids. I have yet to have seen a plausible response to this key issue, if any response. I guess there will be more electricity available by magic
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com
bohica2xo
Preferred Member

Post by bohica2xo »

Unicorn Farts T Bird, Unicorn Farts.
bohica2xo
Preferred Member

Post by bohica2xo »

And now that we have completely hijacked the OP's thread, let's get back to recovery machines.

I have been through a couple of portable recovery units in my time working on stuff. Generally a 3/4 or 1 hp portable - because lugging anything else up on the roof is not going to happen.

I started with a used portable recovery that I got for free with a "bad motor" Fixed the start switch and used it for years.

All you need is a recovery machine and some tanks. The tanks are not expensive. I have recovered R12, R22, R500, and R134 through the same pump.

Keep a "junk" tank. If you are not sure about the system? Yeah. Want to flush your recovery unit? Hook up the junk tank and send some R600 through the pump.
scoostraw

Post by scoostraw »

tbirdtbird wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:14 am It is interesting to note that whenever a discussion of electric cars comes up, the proponents always dodge the issue of already maxed out grids. I have yet to have seen a plausible response to this key issue, if any response. I guess there will be more electricity available by magic
The grid issue needs to be solved for sure. IMO nuclear is the way to go.

With regard to EVs, all Tesla Superchargers are being converted to solar/battery power. Over time, almost all will disconnect from the electric grid.
bohica2xo
Preferred Member

Post by bohica2xo »

So, every 250 kw supercharger will need a massive battery, and a 750 kw solar array ? So about 6,000 square meters of silicon? A couple of tons of lithium batteries?

Comedy gold.
tony1963

Post by tony1963 »

They laughed at the gasoline engine too.

I see electric cars in our future. Learn to enjoy the future as it comes.
scoostraw

Post by scoostraw »

bohica2xo wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:00 pm So, every 250 kw supercharger will need a massive battery, and a 750 kw solar array ? So about 6,000 square meters of silicon? A couple of tons of lithium batteries?

Comedy gold.
{shrug} Many supercharger stations are already self-sufficient.

I forget where it was, but I remember reading about a power outage in a city somewhere a few months ago and the only thing anywhere that was brightly lit and working was the Tesla supercharger station.
scoostraw

Post by scoostraw »

tony1963 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:17 pm They laughed at the gasoline engine too.

I see electric cars in our future. Learn to enjoy the future as it comes.
Gasoline engines are ridiculous. They scare the bejeezus out of the horses.
bohica2xo
Preferred Member

Post by bohica2xo »

scoostraw wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:44 am

I forget where it was, but I remember reading about a power outage in a city somewhere a few months ago and the only thing anywhere that was brightly lit and working was the Tesla supercharger station.
Show me. Post the links not the lore.
scoostraw

Post by scoostraw »

bohica2xo wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:31 am
scoostraw wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:44 am

Show me. Post the links not the lore.
https://electrek.co/2017/10/30/tesla-su ... ck-system/