BMW 325i won't take a full charge

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Tim
Site Admin
Read the full article

Re: BMW 325i won't take a full charge

Post by Tim »

Please don't post competitor's data on our site. They don't pay the bills or support the site in any way. These sites cost money to operate.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

LongTallTexan wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:27 pm Damn, now I know why I stayed with freon in my '78 928 when I rebuilt that system 14 years ago. (Did I buy the barrier hose and fittings from ACKits?)
Not sure. I do not research people's posts. If you did, thank you. Either way, feel free to post an image. Just leave out other advertisements. Thx.

At min, I'll allow GPD, OET, and Ranshu. They do support this site in a behind-the-scenes way.

Help Support the Forum
LongTallTexan

Post by LongTallTexan »

Tim, sorry about posting a vendor condenser product. I did it to see if I got "yeah, that is crap." I think I bought a cheap-o condenser that is not up to the task. Given that my '89 325i was a freon vehicle, I guess what standard do you build too? Replacement parts I always see as "R-134a compatible" but that seems to be a throwaway statement.

I don't see condensers on ACKITS.com for my '89 325i. I don't see my compressor on the site either. I'd love to give ACKITS some business, but....

I see a nice Mahle-Behr condenser that looks like it is built for the requirements of R-134a on a few sites. But the compressor is a wild-card.

Probably would be nice to go to a more modern compressor, but fitting and bracket will be an issue.
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

All is good and not really about you or any single post. It's been happening for so many years, not only here but also on phone calls. One try's to balance being informative and just being used because you are the one that responds or picks up the phone. This year I'm just taking a stand and deleting obvious links and advertisements.

Anyway, I saw one supplier today when looking, which showed a PF condenser different than the brand posted. Not sure if they have one in stock. I"ll call Friday and see if they have one. But you have more problems than just the condenser. It looks like a complete job will be needed, including removing all the debris. No condenser; the compressor will last if you push all sorts of junk through it. Also, I looked, and our compressor company did not have your model in a new version. We could send your core in and have a true rebuild job done.
pbi34641.gif
pbi34641.gif (128.61 KiB) Viewed 929 times

Help Support the Forum
LongTallTexan

Post by LongTallTexan »

Tim wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:49 pmWe could send your core in and have a true rebuild job done.
You will be getting a call today regarding this!
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

An email was sent to see if they have one.

Help Support the Forum
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

They did have one available. I need to create the item on the website if you are interested.

Help Support the Forum
LongTallTexan

Post by LongTallTexan »

Tim wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:50 pm They did have one available. I need to create the item on the website if you are interested.
Yes! Please do! And I'll sort out arrangements for compressor rebuild with you. Thanks!
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

LongTallTexan wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:01 pm
Tim wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:50 pm They did have one available. I need to create the item on the website if you are interested.
Yes! Please do! And I'll sort out arrangements for compressor rebuild with you. Thanks!
Ackits.com is down right now. A developer is on it. For some odd reason, Chrome and Edge are not loading. Firefox works.

G3464S

Help Support the Forum
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Thanks for the support. The order came in fine. Work on it next week.

Help Support the Forum