Forgot more than I know

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

bevis
Read the full article

Re: Forgot more than I know

Post by bevis »

I think my next mode of attack is going to replace the head pressure switch since it seems the system seems to under perform on hot days when a weak head switch would rear its ugly head. With those high ambients, I doubt the suction switch would be the issue.
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Post by tbirdtbird »

If you have failing diodes you can easily run the voltage way over 14.
Have it tested
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com
bevis

Post by bevis »

If you have failing diodes you can easily run the voltage way over 14.
Have it tested

Oh if it were only easy to get out. Its the absolute hardest to get to alternator I have ever seen.
I had to take the damn thing out from the bottom. Its real special the way they installed it from the factory.
Theres a stud sticking out of the side of the block that the alternator slid onto on the way down the assembly line.
Then at some point it gets mated to the body. So, you think its no big deal, just take off the nut from the stud and slide it off.
NOT A CHANCE... The damn alternator hits the firewall before it clears the stud and the stud aint budging in the block.
I had to remove the pass side motor mount and pick up that side of the motor with an engine hoist and push the motor forward
so the damn thing would clear the firewall. SWEET...NOT.. Then I had to move a steering link to get it to fall out the bottom.
Its clear that the engineers never intended for anyone to work on them. they were made to be disposable. If that alternator
is an issue again, I'm ready have it accidentally catch on fire and burn to the damn ground...!