Sourcing Quality Compressor

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

PromiseRing
Read the full article

Sourcing Quality Compressor

Post by PromiseRing »

1990 Volvo 740GL, NA, auto, SOHC, originally r12 car.

Hey guys, not sure if this is the appropriate subforum for this topic but if not, please move it accordingly.

My fiancés ac compressor is leaking oil/refrigerant from what seems to be the front and rear of her compressor. Rather than pulling it apart and fiddling with seals, I plan on simply replacing it with a good quality unit. I'm wondering where I can find a good quality compressor. I recently fixed her AC this past summer by simply replacing the R/D, orifice tube, and filling with ES12A (this was all prior to research! I now know that flushing is ideal in case someone had filled with r134-a before, and we don't like alternative refrigerants here).

Anyway, rock auto is showing a four seasons 58521 as a replacement. Is this a quality unit? They also have a UAC CO2011Q. Not sure which I should use, we are simply looking for longevity here.

Plan is to remove compressor, flush evaporator and condenser and lines, replace R/D again, and orifice tube, compressor, then fill with appropriate amount and type of oil and refrigerant (not yet chosen).

Been researching this stuff all morning. Car has a remanned unit on it and I'd like to replace with a QUALITY unit that I can use R12 with. They used Pag46 so the whole systm needs to be flushed.

Anyway, looks like a Seltec (Diesel Kiki) DKS15BH is the OE unit, which is what Four Seasons is supplying? Might as well order the Four Seasons unit it seems, since that is the OR part number and not remanned.
Last edited by PromiseRing on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
PromiseRing

Re: Sourcing Quality Compressor

Post by PromiseRing »

Bumping my old thread. I am thinking about just replacing the compressor shaft seals since the compressor itself works well, and it would save me quite a bit of cash. Has anyone ever replaced the seals in this type of compressor, and if so, is this something that is 'easily' doable DIY?

Here is the kit I was going to use, and was wondering if I need any additional seals/parts were needed, like where the 2 halves separate. I know I will need new pag 46 as well as well as a receiver dryer and orifice tube.
https://www.ebay.com/p/A-C-Compressor-S ... 938&chn=ps

Thanks in advance.
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

We supply that shaft seal for a cheaper price. Plus would add support behind it over your Rock Auto and eBay purchases. Got to love the internet.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
PromiseRing

Post by PromiseRing »

Tim wrote:We supply that shaft seal for a cheaper price. Plus would add support behind it over your Rock Auto and eBay purchases. Got to love the internet.
Tim, I would be more than happy to order from you:) I may need a few more parts for this compressor as well. Can I send you a PM or an E-mail?
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Happy to supply anything that is available to me.

info@ackits.com

Help Support the Forum
PromiseRing

Post by PromiseRing »

Tim wrote:Happy to supply anything that is available to me.

info@ackits.com
Email sent :)
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

With data provided. Parts for your compressor.

http://www.ackits.com/santech-compresso ... 5bhdks15ch

Help Support the Forum