2008 Toyota Yaris 1.3vvti fitted with Denso 5SER09C compressor!!!!

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

SYN616
Read the full article

2008 Toyota Yaris 1.3vvti fitted with Denso 5SER09C compressor!!!!

Post by SYN616 »

Hi all

I have searched far and wide for the answer to this question and stumbled across this forum. Im at a loss to find out the torque specs for the retaining nut and tolerences for the clutch plate for my compressor!!!
I've managed to find a replacment pulley and clutch plate but can't find any other information regarding this compressor anywhere!!!

For reference the compressor info plate reads as follows;

DENSO
5SER09C GE447260 - 2331
HFC134a ND-OIL 8 11 J 13287

If anyone can provide any info, I would be eternally grateful

Thanks
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Re: 2008 Toyota Yaris 1.3vvti fitted with Denso 5SER09C compressor!!!!

Post by JohnHere »

I can't find any specs for that compressor, either. But as for the air gap, .020" is the standard that I see most mobile A/C techs going by and is the one I use. Any wider than that and the clutch might not engage, especially an older unit having a somewhat weakened coil. You can go tighter as long as the engagement surfaces don't drag with the clutch disengaged.

Lacking any torque specs, I would tighten the retaining nut by feel. It probably has an M8x1.0 thread, which won't need or tolerate a whole lot of tightening. Using a torque wrench, I'd guess that 144 inch-pounds (12 foot-pounds) should be about the maximum. You could put a drop of blue thread-locker on the male threads for a little extra insurance.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.
SYN616

Re: 2008 Toyota Yaris 1.3vvti fitted with Denso 5SER09C compressor!!!!

Post by SYN616 »

Thank you!!! Hearing from experience is more for piece of mind for me, but thank you all the same