High Pressure Mystery

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

chuckwp
Read the full article

Re: High Pressure Mystery

Post by chuckwp »

So, after repeatedly telling me the fans were working correctly, the boss and tech found the condenser fan to be running BACKWARD!!S Aftermarket fan, wired backwards, pushing hot air from the radiator instead of pulling hot air from the condenser! When this first started, I asked him if he was sure that the fans are working and moving air in the right direction. I guess he missed the direction part. Finally he and the boss figured it out. I never checked it myself because It seemed so basic that he could not have missed it but, he sure did. That was Friday afternoon and I had to leave early. I assume they rewired the fan and all is good now.
Dougflas, you were right, and I should have checked the fans myself. I trusted what the other tech told me and he was mistaken. Lesson learned.
Cusser
Preferred Member

Post by Cusser »

Wow. several weeks to track this down, when a test can be made with a sheet of paper......

Anyway, good find.
bohica2xo
Preferred Member

Post by bohica2xo »

Going to refund the customer on the Parts & Labor to replace a perfectly good condenser unnecessarily?
chuckwp

Post by chuckwp »

Cusser wrote:Wow. several weeks to track this down, when a test can be made with a sheet of paper......

Anyway, good find.
Yeah, not it was not the epitome of efficiency now was it. I believe the boss did the paper test. I asked the tech many times about the fans....
chuckwp

Post by chuckwp »

bohica2xo wrote:Going to refund the customer on the Parts & Labor to replace a perfectly good condenser unnecessarily?
Refund? The job was still a work in progress when condenser replaces so, the customer had not paid anything yet. However, not sure I would call a 22 year old condenser perfectly good. No, not charged for the condenser.