Continued from my previous thread: Plans for 90 civic A/C rebuild with newer gen Sanden compressor - remaining questions

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

JohnHere
Preferred Member
Read the full article

Re: Continued from my previous thread: Plans for 90 civic A/C rebuild with newer gen Sanden compressor - remaining quest

Post by JohnHere »

The cleaned-up end looks pretty good. But from what I can tell, it still shows some pitting and an indentation where the o-ring goes. I would replace the line if you can locate one. Nothing worse than having to repeat the job due to a questionable component that fails right after completion.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.
90efAACIF

Re: Continued from my previous thread: Plans for 90 civic A/C rebuild with newer gen Sanden compressor - remaining quest

Post by 90efAACIF »

Agreed. While that line is discontinued, it supposedly was the replacement for three other Honda part numbers, and all three of those are still in stock (whew), so I will be ordering it.
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Post by JohnHere »

For peace of mind, I think buying a new line will be money well spent.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.
90efAACIF

Post by 90efAACIF »

So far no luck in getting any replacement for that line, so I am wondering about repair. I found a short piece of hardline with a female o-ring fitting like this:
800-961.jpg
800-961.jpg (9.17 KiB) Viewed 6 times
I would think that cutting off the old end and replacing with the above should be easy, but how best to splice this? Could it be butt ended to the other piece and brazed, or would some sort of coupler be a better choice?
I was hoping to find a fitting with an expanded tubing end to slip over the other piece for brazing, but can't find such an animal?

Any suggestions?