06 Impala SS complete new ac system and not holding pressure

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

vxnduzit
Read the full article

06 Impala SS complete new ac system and not holding pressure

Post by vxnduzit »

Could it be that the expansion valve bolts that I ordered did were not exact.... but worked however I'm wondering if this could be the cause of it still not cooling. I left the vacuum on over night and would not pull... it read 50 ... it's just been a long pain in the neck to have replaced everything with a complete new system and I can't wrap my brain around wtf I'm doing wrong and it's the only thing that I can think of that might have an effect with the bolts not matching.... any suggestions... should I lean towards this being the issue and seek out once again for the correct bolt elsewhere than Amazon..... I'm at a loss.. thanks guys
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Re: 06 Impala SS complete new ac system and not holding pressure

Post by tbirdtbird »

"I left the vacuum on over night and would not pull... it read 50 ..." whatever this means is your problem. 50 what?
Sounds like you have a block type expansion valve....those bolts could certainly not matter
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Re: 06 Impala SS complete new ac system and not holding pressure

Post by JohnHere »

If you mean 50 PSI, then your vacuum pump isn't applying negative pressure to the system for some unknown reason.

If you're worried about the aftermarket bolts, I'm pretty sure your local Chevrolet dealer can order them for you.

After replacing all the components, did you ever actually charge and run the system?
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.