2011 Foxd Ranger compressor clutch cycling.

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

JTMD
Read the full article

2011 Foxd Ranger compressor clutch cycling.

Post by JTMD »

SO I got this truck from my sister...not the best care car person in the world. looks pretty rough BUT everything seems to be working great except for the air.
Looked under the hood and found the clutch cycling on and off. What Causes this? only I can think of is maybe there's some refrigerant level detection that sees it low (or gone). I don't have gas or the gauges so I can't check it but before I take it in for service thought I see if someone can confirm that suspicion or it there is some other magic I don't know about..

TIA!

Video: https://youtu.be/88OQ9c5UgsY
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Re: 2011 Foxd Ranger compressor clutch cycling.

Post by tbirdtbird »

Undoubtedly the system is very low on refrigerant,
Have them evacuate, vacuum, and put in a partial charge with dye and then find and fix that leak before proceeding
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com
Cusser
Preferred Member

Re: 2011 Foxd Ranger compressor clutch cycling.

Post by Cusser »

tbirdtbird wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:29 pm Undoubtedly the system is very low on refrigerant,
Have them evacuate, vacuum, and put in a partial charge with dye and then find and fix that leak before proceeding
THIS !!!

Take to an independent ASE mechanic or specialized AC place, not a brake shop that puts out a little sign or a dealer.
And NEVER add sealer or refrigerant containing sealer !!!! Those "magic" cans with little hose can cause big damage !!!