2006 Lincoln Navigator Replace Stock Scroll compressor w/piston type?

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, JohnHere, Tim

BakoNavi23
Read the full article

Re: 2006 Lincoln Navigator Replace Stock Scroll compressor w/piston type?

Post by BakoNavi23 »

Tbirdtbird, I wasn’t even thinking about introducing water into any components still in the car, I was just talking about the rubber and metal connecting tubes that I have already removed.

Would never consider doing that to evaporator cores, condenser, TXV’s or anything other than just the straight tubes (not the muffled ones either) but that was why I asked before I did anything :D
BakoNavi23

Post by BakoNavi23 »

Hey Tim,

Do you sell tools too?

I can get the flush tool and the vac pump and guages on Amazon for about $170+ tax for 4 cfm pump.

I’d be happy to buy piston compressor, tools, flush fluid and whatever else you think I need to do the job right the first time from you.

Since my vehicle has seprate evaporator core in back I’m assuming this means I have to crak open the stuff in the back and clean everything individually (except TXV’s and condenser core, of course).

Guessing that also means I need to replace both front and back TXV’s since they cannot be flushed?

That oil looked pretty damn clean, really hoping I don’t need to replace condenser since I know that cannot be flushed either....
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Email the links, and I'll check if I can match. Not all parts/tools are the same.

email: info@ackits.com
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
BakoNavi23

Post by BakoNavi23 »

Email sent.
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Post by tbirdtbird »

"I was just talking about the rubber and metal connecting tubes that I have already removed."

Doesn't matter if they are installed or removed.....never water based anything...you will never dry it all out no matter how it seems or what you think is happening
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Back when AMA had a shop. We broke down each component and flushed it individually. On rare occasions, we would flush a line and condenser simultaneously.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
DetroitAC
Preferred Member

Post by DetroitAC »

Sorry to chime in late like this, not reading the forum very often I guess.

Compressors are designed to leak oil out of the shaft seal. The oil lubricates the seal, there is a little felt ring in the compressor nose to mostly catch the oil, and also to keep customers from complaining about it.

Your oil looks beautiful, might consider keeping the unit you have if you can live with the performance.

Piston will definitely have better idle performance, scroll will have better higher RPM performance.