FS-20 compressor rebuilding & lack of parts, 2008 f150

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

f150lover
Read the full article

FS-20 compressor rebuilding & lack of parts, 2008 f150

Post by f150lover »

Hello!!!

So I've been slowly picking away at my f150 I bought and have been tackling the timing job. After this I need to track down the leak in the ac system so I've just been putting in time trying to research about it.

One thing I have noticed is that it appears the FS-20 has no rebuild kits available compared to the fs-10. I just was curious as to if anyone knows why that is. Rebuild kits seem readily available for the older FS-10, but the FS-20 appears to have been out for a long while with little aftermarket support. Just was hoping someone could point me in the right direction here... It has just been bothering me!! I'd rather not replace a compressor that potentially just would need a few seals.

Thank you
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Re: FS-20 compressor rebuilding & lack of parts, 2008 f150

Post by tbirdtbird »

Prolly not what you want to hear, but rebuilding a comp, even for just seals (if it needs seals, the other parts are worn too), is typically a very disappointing task. On this forum we do not advise rebuilding.
As a suggestion, I would get a price for a new comp from Tim, the site owner at ackits.com.
His parts are good quality (many others are not), and his prices are very fair. Do yourself a favor and at least price it out.
If you can't find what you want online, call him, he is very easy to deal with
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com