A/con idle up or idle cutout switch

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

ice-n-tropics
Read the full article

Re: A/con idle up or idle cutout switch

Post by ice-n-tropics »

a/c
Last edited by ice-n-tropics on Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ice-n-tropics

Post by ice-n-tropics »

Was Ford guy with horizontal condenser under rumble seat, Jimmy Pell on your tour?
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Post by tbirdtbird »

He might have been with the Cedar Creek bunch...
Most of us with AC in our Model As have remote condensers behind the rear axle. No place up front for it. Has a shrouded fan built in, works surprisingly well.
The vehicle I had to fab an 8" pulley was my '47 Stude pickup with 170 cubes inline 6. Stock was 6". Cooled like crap with that stock pulley. Married it to a John Deere 8" tractor pulley. Tricky since the harmonic balancer is part of the stock pulley. Also the vehicle we had to merge 2 outlets together, also the vehicle where I learned about re-heating from your book. Been doin' AC , mobile, resi, comm, for a long time but did not know those things. They are not documented anywhere else. Reheating does pop up here once in a while but I had not yet discovered this forum. Also used remote condenser on this rig, at about 45°. No room anywhere else.

How did your buddy's AC work with a flat condenser I wonder?
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com
swampy 6x6

Post by swampy 6x6 »

hi
Little content about the idle cut out or idle up in a few of the previous posts .
Although the conversation on pulley ratios is interesting and an associated subject sure but still unrelated .
RE modern car cut out , these are typically ECU controlled not what the topic is about .

Once again any people with relevant information on the main topic ??
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Post by tbirdtbird »

It seems clear that you might not know who Ice is. He is a legend in his own time. I could go on. You should be honored that he jumped on your thread. Just some harmless banter......
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com