99 Maxima poor cooling *SOLVED*

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

robmaxfli
Read the full article

Re: 99 Maxima poor cooling

Post by robmaxfli »

To verify that there is a blend door type issue , you could pull off the 2 heater hoses from the heater core, buy a connector/bridge to join those 2 hoses together. I just did this and it proved to be a blend door issue. This will take the heat out of the heater core so you can get a heat-free reading out of the vents.
Cusser
Preferred Member

Post by Cusser »

Al9 wrote:Or you could just turn AC on as soon as you start a cold engine, while the coolant is still cool. If you get anything better than 70F vent - and ideally this has to happen in a few secs with a brand new compressor and a properly charged and oiled system, more so when in the shade - reheating is your problem.
This.
cmilot6329

Post by cmilot6329 »

Definitely not getting any colder with a cold engine so don't think it is an issue with the blend door. AI9, when you say reheating is your problem what does that mean exactly?

Thanks!
cmilot6329

Re: 99 Maxima poor cooling *SOLVED*

Post by cmilot6329 »

**SOLVED**

Updated OP
cmilot6329

Re: 99 Maxima poor cooling *SOLVED*

Post by cmilot6329 »

Awesome thx for the additional info! Probably won't have this car too much longer so not sure the extent I wanna continue to mess with this. For now I'm happy just having some cool air again.