Compressor relief valve diagnosis

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Tubularfab
Read the full article

Re: Compressor relief valve diagnosis

Post by Tubularfab »

Yes, I saw the used ones listed on EBay but didn’t care to go that route. I made a pullapart run today and got a couple a lot faster and cheaper - though still used. I did not see them on the sponsor’s site.

Turned out that there is an issue with the condenser causing the pressure spike. No visible damage, looks really clean. 120k miles, on it since new, never had a compressor failure. But, it’s clogged with something. Rather than fool around trying to clean it I simply replaced it and everything is happy now.

Thank you again for the help!
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I sure they are listed somewhere. Most likely a 5 pack. Not real easy to make every past ve the first one some sees.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
Cusser
Preferred Member

Post by Cusser »

Tim wrote:In today's World to use the internet for information and then go google shopping for price. I get calls every day where someone wants 30 minutes of your time to goggle shop. I try and be respectful overall. It gets frustrating as you like to help but takes away from real customers.

Can't keep track of all the goings-on in this and other industries. eBay is more of a concern to me. As you never know who, what or where an item has come from. Amazon requires a little more skin in the game to list there.

Anyway thanks for the support for all the members that help others so much. The forum has been running since 1997. Pretty good run overall.
I liked the shop on West Clarendon. I believe that over the decades that I've purchased half a dozen AC compressors, one evaporator, a couple of expansion valves, and driers in person at the shop.

My co-worker - on my recommendation - picked up a compressor and drier there for his '90 Protege and I installed it.

When my employer/laboratory in Scottsdale needed a small electric vacuum pump for weekend use, with ALL lab equipment costing a fortune, I suggested a refrigerant vacuum pump. I ordered that, Tim or his worker called back and asked if I wanted to pick this up, but I said no, that it was for work, so ship crosstown. Unfortunately, when they got rid of a bunch of stuff this pump was not on that list, so I didn't end up with it.

But I have two lab vacuum pumps discarded years before (one was claimed to smoke a little, but didn't, plus I use that outside in the garage) and the other was replaced in a free upgrade on an instrument by the service rep, who told me just to do whatever I wanted with it. So those are my AC vacuum pumps.

Thanks for the excellent service Tim, and your loyal customers will stay. Note that most times Tim can obtain stuff not on his page listings, remember to inquire. ACkits.com
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Thanks for the support. I know many have and do support ACKits.com and .net. Also thank you for the personal support here also.

Side note: You all should be seeing more response emails ( good & bad) from the posts. It's also blocking some of the spam now as it seems to be kicking out bad email address on sign in.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum