A/C Temp Issues

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

bjanicek
Read the full article

A/C Temp Issues

Post by bjanicek »

My A/C doesn't blow as cold as it use to. Was told it should blow around 35F at full blast. Usually only blows around 40-45F now. I live around sea level, somewhere around 500-750ft. I recently took a trip west and was around 4000-7000ft and the temp read around 26-30 and felt great. From my understanding, it should be the other way around. Any ideas what could be the issue? I did a recharge last summer and had no change. I know the humidity in the mountains is less than at home too.
Dougflas

Re: A/C Temp Issues

Post by Dougflas »

If you post your vehicle and year, it would help. 35* is kind of close to freezing. Most vehicles are 40to 42*. If I were you, I would recover the refrigerant and weigh in the proper amount. That way, you can eliminate charge as a problem. 40 to 45* is satisfactory. If you slow down the blower speed, the air is flowing slower thus it is in contact with the evaporator for a longer time and is thus colder.
B52bombardier1

Post by B52bombardier1 »

I was at 42-43 F here in Louisiana yesterday at about 150-200 feet above sea level. Very humid air in the summer. I think my temps would be a little lower if it was less humid around here but overall, I'm happy at 42 degrees at the center vent of my 70 El Camino running 2000 RPM in a modern R134 system.

Rick
1970 Chevrolet El Camino 5.3 L LM7 Truck Engine & 4L60E Transmission
Cusser
Preferred Member

Post by Cusser »

bjanicek wrote:Usually only blows around 40-45F now.
I'm not sure you have an issue !!!
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I was told I'd make a couple of million bucks off hoarding T/P. :D
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum