2007 Forenza V5 ? compressor change

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

craigecooper
Read the full article

2007 Forenza V5 ? compressor change

Post by craigecooper »

in advance, thanks to everyone on this forum for advice over the years. My latest issue, a Forenza 2007 with a noisy compressor. The vehicle is my daughters, out of town location, so trying to get all my ducks in a row before departing on a repair journey. Honestly, the compressor has been a little noisy for quite a while but she's in a moderate climate that needs very little A/C so maybe that helps. It never has stopped blowing cold air so I have yet to mess with any of it.
She's grown impatient with the rattling so i'm researching the compressor swap now. From the subject line , i think it's a V5 , likely a GM car built in Asia branded as Suzuki. i don't have any means of flushing lines if the rattling has left debris behind that would trash a new compressor. That's my hesitation in starting the project. My other point of indecision, Alldata calls for pag 488. Does that even exist anymore ? If not, switching oils sounds like a mandatory flush it all out. Any guidance is appreciated.

thanks,
Craig
B52bombardier1

Re: 2007 Forenza V5 ? compressor change

Post by B52bombardier1 »

That noise could simply be compressor clutch chatter which would simply your repair efforts. No need to bleed down the system. No need for oil and much less cost than doing an entire compressor.

Rick
1970 Chevrolet El Camino 5.3 L LM7 Truck Engine & 4L60E Transmission
craigecooper

Post by craigecooper »

there's room to pull the clutch off the compressor while it's in place ?
Cusser
Preferred Member

Post by Cusser »

craigecooper wrote:the compressor has been a little noisy for quite
Yipes - I hope she didn't use the AC at all once that became noisy.

And there is AC flush that comes in an aerosol can, I've used that myself.