Wynn's Frost temp parts

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Jag987
Read the full article

Wynn's Frost temp parts

Post by Jag987 »

I'm working on a 1995 Jeep Wrangler 2.5. It has a dealer installed or aftermarket system marked wynns frost temp. The fan speed selector switch and wiring plug have burned up and the blower motor bearings are shot. Any idea where I can find parts for this? They seem to have gone out of business or merged with some but I can't find who. Thanks.
Jag
I bought a can of freon at supermart. It had dye, oil, and stop leak in it. It also came with a hose and a gauge. Now I'm an ac professional!!!
ice-n-tropics

Re: Wynn's Frost temp parts

Post by ice-n-tropics »

Wynn's became SCS Frostemp where I tested at 130 F and worked on military A/C for Bradley tank and Humvee & Striker/GD retrofits for Iraq & Afghanistan.
Bradley driver w/o A/C inserted IV to counter act dehydration w/o A/C. After retrofit A/C, driver wore suit cooled with cold antifreeze tubing from refrigerant to antifreeze heatX
Maybe your root cause is improper fuse to protect the upstream components when the blower torque abnormally increases.
Usually Wynn's used generic aftermarket blower switch and motor
In a pinch w/o replacement motor, I have drilled 1/8' holes in both bearing end caps and squirted oil inside to the felt rings which touch and lube the sintered bronze shaft bearings
It's sometimes necessary to realign the shaft bearings by striking each shaft extension with a sharp hammer blow until the motor "sounds right and the power draw optimizes
Hope this helps,
hotrodac
wptski

Post by wptski »

A sintered bronze bearing is impregnated with oil. Not good enough?
Jag987

Post by Jag987 »

Thanks guys!
I bought a can of freon at supermart. It had dye, oil, and stop leak in it. It also came with a hose and a gauge. Now I'm an ac professional!!!