PAG OIL IN COMPRESSOR? (99 Ford Ranger)

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Leigh-a
Read the full article

PAG OIL IN COMPRESSOR? (99 Ford Ranger)

Post by Leigh-a »

I recently replaced all components, with UAC products, except the Evaporator--which was properly flushed; and then added the specified amount of PAG-oil to the system.

When charging the system, it leaked at the High-side Coupling (P-nut) fitting, due to a manufacturing defect in the new UAC Condenser!

I need to replace the new Condenser, & Accumulator/drier; and intend to re-flush the Evaporator, but I'd prefer to leave the new UAC Compressor "in-place".

As such, the only remaining PAG oil will be in the Compressor + residual in the Hoses.

I need to know, how much PAG-oil would remain in the installed Compressor; in order to determine how much additional PAG-oil will be needed in the system?

LW
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Re: PAG OIL IN COMPRESSOR? (99 Ford Ranger)

Post by JohnHere »

I just noticed that your question went answered for some reason.

It's a tough one. I know it's not what you want to hear, but the only way to know for sure is to remove the compressor, drain it, and carefully measure what comes out.

For your vehicle, my reference source specifies 30 ounces of R-134a and 9 ounces of PAG 46.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to the Forum.