new ac system problem

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, JohnHere, Tim

nate4014
Read the full article

new ac system problem

Post by nate4014 »

hello, i have a 1995 grand cherokee 5.2 and i just installed a new ac compressor, condenser, dryer and lines with new orifice... i added half the amount of required pag 46 oil to the compressor and the other half into a dryer line and then made the connections. i then pulled a vacuum for 45 minutes then charged it with 28 oz of freon. everything works and air gets cold but my problem is now that when im running the ac if i rev the engine up at idle when the rpms come back down the engine bogs all the down and either dies or nearly dies. if i'm running down the road there is no issue whatsoever only at a crawl pace or idle. if i turn the air off it won't act this way.... it had a functioning ac system on it before i changed it out and never had this problem. (the only reason i changed the ac system was because i was having a overheat issue while running ac and had already changed out all cooling system parts) thanks in advance for any suggestions
Tim
Site Admin

Re: new ac system problem

Post by Tim »

How did you flush the system?

What are the pressure readings at idle and when it is having issues?
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
nate4014

Post by nate4014 »

I used a "pro flush" solution and compressed air on the evaporator, everything else was new.

the low side pressure at idle was a little over 50
and the high side was 135
the temperature here was right at 70 degrees..... the low side seemed somewhat high to me for being so cool

and the issue is any time you are sitting at idle with the AC on and touch the gas pedal it tries to die...... if you stomp on it and rev it up to 2200, when it comes back down it tries to die... if you accidentally graze the throttle it tries to die.... if the AC is off or if you are running down the highway all is fine
nate4014

Post by nate4014 »

also just realized that it doesn't do this after the jeep has been sitting.... i crank it up and turn on the AC and it does just fine for about 5 minutes (no bogging down of the motor at all).... there is a lot of condensation on nearly every line as well