Barrier Hose and Barb Fitting Components

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

69-er
Read the full article

Barrier Hose and Barb Fitting Components

Post by 69-er »

Did some searching without luck on this...

When converting to R134A and also replacing the hoses with barrier type, how do you make the new hoses work with the old components that still have barb fittings?
bohica2xo
Preferred Member

Re: Barrier Hose and Barb Fitting Components

Post by bohica2xo »

It is in the archives, thread is 10 years old...

messageview.cfm?catid=20&threadid=14922

Hope that helps

andrew vanis

Post by andrew vanis »

That link to the archive post give a 404 error. Is that archived post still avail to review?
My posts are the way they are based on Tim’s instructions "two images per thread. One thread per topic."
https://www.autoacforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 214#p28214
bohica2xo
Preferred Member

Post by bohica2xo »

That post was 7 years ago. Sadly, several server moves, the photobucket debacle and general entropy have erased a lot of 15+ year old information in the automotive world. Including all of the pictures in that post from 17 years ago.

The short answer is to use new parts where ever possible. The evaporators you are looking at have standard O ring fittings. Any new compressor will also have modern fittings.

And if you are planning on using a 25 year old condenser with clamped on hoses - find a modern replacement and retire that substandard heat exchanger
andrew vanis

Post by andrew vanis »

Thanks. New when ever one can!...I wasn't sure of some of the terms in the OP so wanted to review to learn from context. Thanks for the explanation.
My posts are the way they are based on Tim’s instructions "two images per thread. One thread per topic."
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Looks like the archives once again got lost in a server move. If can't get them restored myself. They will be lost. This site costs too much money to keep up with the lack of financial support. Hate to lose them, but as they say, it is what it is.

Core (CFM) files are still there. So it's a processing issue. They are super old from the Cold Fusion Forum we had at the beginning.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
bohica2xo
Preferred Member

Post by bohica2xo »

Don't sweat it Tim.

To put this in context, when I made those original posts, it was from a computer running Windows NT service pack 3. Probably still a 486.
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

As I said, the files are there. I've dumped so much cash into this site over the last 1.5 years that it's silly. You never want to lose good data from many great people. But another $500 to 600 on top of the 3K I recently spent for a free site. I need used car sales people money to keep throwing money at an oil leaker. :)

Help Support the Forum
andrew vanis

Post by andrew vanis »

Tim wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:49 am Looks like the archives once again got lost in a server move. If can't get them restored myself. They will be lost. This site costs too much money to keep up with the lack of financial support. Hate to lose them, but as they say, it is what it is.

bohica2xo wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:15 am To put this in context, when I made those original posts, it was from a computer running Windows NT service pack 3. Probably still a 486.
Tim wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:23 am I've dumped so much cash into this site over the last 1.5 years that it's silly.
Just sent the site $50, small change I know, and still not enough. Just the compressor advice form bohica2xo in here https://www.autoacforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14872 is worth that :-P …. Tried to send friends & Family to avoid PP fees but didn’t give me the option. I did send form PP balance instead of CC so hopefully you get most of the $50

I totally get it Tim. I have an older sail boat by Paceship for which there was a great user forum. The guy died and poof! I found the heirs, got domain the meager backup – which was in MS Server / Access Dbase (or something) which no current folks use! Old school for sure!

I am fronting the hosting and for tech help threw up this basic site Paceship.org (remove the link if violates, but you can check it out to see) and asked if viewers were willing to help restore it. Just now 3? Years later a smart guy still familiar with that old school dug into it, found some stuff and looks like he’ll be able to restore it….His motivation, just got the same sailboat! :)
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

$50.00 is a lot more than most. Thx.

Help Support the Forum