Fitting/Hose Compatibility Issue

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

69-er
Read the full article

Fitting/Hose Compatibility Issue

Post by 69-er »

I am upgrading an old 1966 C10 factory AC system using new components where possible. I have a parallel flow condenser, and an Everco #58098 compressor to replace the A6. I will be converting to 134A.

My problem now is, what to do with the original evaporator? It looks usable and is leak-free but has the barb fittings. The condenser and compressor has fittings for beadlock hose fittings. How should I go about adapting the beadlock hoses to the evaporator?

A few years ago on my 83 Camaro I had the compressor manifold barb fittings cut off and beadlock hose ends welded on for use with beadlock hoses.

Is this an option?

I did find a new evaporator that appears to have fittings instead of barbs, but now it's starting to get a little expensive! As old as the original evaporator is, maybe I should just bite the bullet and get it.

Suggestions please?
Dougflas

Re: Fitting/Hose Compatibility Issue

Post by Dougflas »

If you can the cost, I would not use a 50 year old evaporator.
69-er

Re: Fitting/Hose Compatibility Issue

Post by 69-er »

That's what I am starting to think. Later down the road, when the new one is still working, I'll have forgotten about the cost! But I sure as hell would have remembered trying to save a buck if I used the old one if it ever failed!

Anyway, if age or reliability weren't an issue, what would be the other alternatives?