AC Compressor Stopped Engaging

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, Dougflas, HECAT

shultzee13
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: AC Compressor Stopped Engaging

Postby shultzee13 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:46 am

No the rear AC is not blowing cold either. Same as front. But it did work like front until AC compressor stopped engaging last Saturday.

Yes I replaced the compressor, dryer and o tube when I installed new compressor. I vac'd it down and did refill.

When I hook up test light to battery positive and touch compressor wire harness from back of compressor - the AC clutch will engage and I get cold air.

AC Relay is brand new. All fuses good.

Can a bad condenser cause this? I only ask this question because I go back to my original problem that was it not blowing cold at stop lights - idle.
Can the condenser completely fail and cause compressor not to engage?

I can't shoot dye into system to look for leak because AC won't engage.

Should I VAC it all the way down, and start from scratch? I guess I could take everything apart and look at the o tube.

Just not sure what the smartest approach would be money wise.

I do know the condenser has got some miles on it for sure. I would go ahead and replace the condenser if I knew a failed unit could cause the AC compressor to not come on.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby 71403 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:47 am

shultzee13

Postby shultzee13 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:57 am

The round connector on the back of the compressor that connects to the ac cycle switch
shultzee13

Postby shultzee13 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:18 am

The round pressure switch on the back of the compressor. Put a test light to that and battery positive compressor clutch engages
JohnHere

Postby JohnHere » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:27 pm

Postby 71403 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:18 pm

shultzee13

Postby shultzee13 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:11 am

95 PSI on low side - 2:30 o clock on gauges
100 PSI on high side - 8:30 o clock on gauges

The AC was turned on for these readings.

Return to “Automotive Air Conditioning Forum”