coil burned up and no power to new one...

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

kenro
Read the full article

coil burned up and no power to new one...

Post by kenro »

Hey guys, I'm a tech but I never mess w ac.....well I decided to on my 2006,civic. I found it has correct amount of Freon and the clutch isn't coming on....I put my power probe on the hot wire and it doesn't have a ground signal and when I turn the switch on doesn't get power. Fuse fine and relay turns on. The ground is fine. Also the radiator fan is bad I found. So something happened fried the coil and fan and now no power to new coil.....so I ran a wire from the relay to the coil w a and had AC....for about 45 seconds and Freon started spraying from somewhere....stopped when I switched off.
Someone please explain the circuit and principle to me.....there is a switch on the high pressure with 3 wires but what are the wires and how does it work? Is there a purge valve somewhere ..
Someone please help before I design a timer for the clutch that makes it cycle on and off every 30 seconds or something that probably won't work....is there a clog, or a computer issue or I need this HP switch to be doing something?
atikovi

Re: coil burned up and no power to new one...

Post by atikovi »

kenro wrote:Someone please explain the circuit and principle to me.....there is a switch on the high pressure with 3 wires but what are the wires and how does it work? Is there a purge valve somewhere ..
You're a tech but don't have access to simple circuit diagrams?

kenro wrote:Someone please help before I design a timer for the clutch that makes it cycle on and off every 30 seconds or something that probably won't work....is there a clog, or a computer issue or I need this HP switch to be doing something?
In the time it takes to cobble up a getto repair, why not find the actual problem and fix it so it works as designed? A 12 year old Civic shouldn't be too complicated.