AC Low Pressure Gauge Stuck

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, JohnHere, Tim

ElizabethAK
Read the full article

AC Low Pressure Gauge Stuck

Post by ElizabethAK »

Hello,

First time poster and I know little about cars.

A couple of weekends ago, my Mother and I recharged my AC system with I believe r134A type refrigerant with an AC Pro gauge after my AC was blowing neutral air. It worked, because my air conditioning was cooling until a couple days ago. We purchased two cans of refrigerant that day and only used one, so when my AC started to blow neutral air again, I figured I could recharge the system again until I can get my car in the shop since there must be a leak in the lines somewhere.

Unfortunately, I put the low pressure gauge onto the low pressure line and now the gauge is firmly stuck. I have turned it clockwise and pulled, counterclockwise and pulled, nothing is working. Also, the gauge is reading off the chart high even after leaving my car running for a while.

At this point I just want to get the recharge hose off of my vehicle, but it is completely stuck.

Do you have any advice? Would you recommend driving my car to the shop to get it removed? Can I even do that with the gauge attached? Am I even in the right place to ask?

Thank you so much.

My car is a 2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
bohica2xo
Preferred Member

Re: AC Low Pressure Gauge Stuck

Post by bohica2xo »

How far would you have to drive to get to your repair shop?

Can you tie the can to something in the engine compartment so that it does not flop around & wind up tangled in something that moves? Away from hot things like the Exhaust?
Cusser
Preferred Member

Post by Cusser »

ElizabethAK wrote:First time poster and I know little about cars.
A couple of weekends ago, my Mother and I recharged my AC system with I believe r134A type refrigerant with an AC Pro gauge
ElizabethAK, I'm not going to beat you up here, but automotive AC systems are pretty complicated, especially for a novice. Unfortunately, you were seduced by the AC Pro advertising which makes it seem so simple !!! I ope that AC Pro did not contain any sealer, because that can damage an entire AC system, and even to the point that a real AC mechanic will not touch it.

Do NOT kill the messenger !
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Post by JohnHere »

Sometimes, we tend to overlook the obvious. Try this: Push on the hose toward the AC Pro's connector, and at the same time, pull back on the connector's collar (or ring). The connector should then release from the vehicle's port unless something else is wrong with it.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.