2012 GMC Acadia SLT

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Amhowerton
Read the full article

2012 GMC Acadia SLT

Post by Amhowerton »

I'm having an issue with the A/C in my wife's car. She was on her way home and the car stopped blowing cold air. When she came home I went to take a look at it and honestly I dont know what to look for. I started the car and listened for the compressor to kick on and it did, but still got hot air. It's like it keeps trying to cycle on every 20 seconds but not being able to keep going. After researching a little, I found that this problem normally means the system is low on refrigerant but the weird thing is that I just charged the system about 2 months ago. Would this mean a bad leak? If anyone can help me out and guide me through a check list, that would save us hundreds and be greatly appreciated.
Cusser
Preferred Member

Re: 2012 GMC Acadia SLT

Post by Cusser »

Amhowerton wrote:After researching a little, I found that this problem normally means the system is low on refrigerant but the weird thing is that I just charged the system about 2 months ago. Would this mean a bad leak?
Sounds like a leak to me as well. Have a real AC shop find the leak for you. Most likely GM added UV dye with the initial refrigerant charge, so UV light and UV goggles would be first stab.

Never add any sealers !!!
Amhowerton

Post by Amhowerton »

Update
I took the car to work and left her my truck. When I started her car, the A/C was blowing cold but making a hissing noise every now and then. Does this help identify the problem?
bohica2xo
Preferred Member

Post by bohica2xo »

What exactly did you charge it with? What were the High side & Low side pressures after you serviced the system?