Ford Bronco 2 AC questions

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, JohnHere, Tim

Pony Boy
Read the full article

Re: Ford Bronco 2 AC questions

Post by Pony Boy »

38 degrees at the vent! That's excellent! Surprisingly, my vent temperature doesn't really go down when I'm driving, if it's above 85 and high humidity, it sits around 65 at idle, if it's run at 1,500 rpm it drops to 58-60 degrees, on the road at speed it stays around 60. I Used the red orifice tube as well. Good to hear about another Bronco 2 on the road!
JerryC

Post by JerryC »

Are you setting it to Max AC?
If I don't use the Max AC and it is drawing in outside air it's just going be 20-25 degrees below the outside air temp.

My readings were on high 80, low 90 degree days, unknown humidity levels. But Memphis has pretty high humidity.
Pony Boy

Post by Pony Boy »

It's set to Max ac, blower motor on high, but after driving into work this morning I'm not convinced the flapper door is working correctly for the Max ac setting. I didn't notice any noise difference on Max vs normal panel ( normally on Max ac I can hear the blower fan get louder because it opens the door to recirculate the air right next to the blower fan ) and I also didn't hear the door open like I normally can. I'll have to check on that when I get home.
JerryC

Post by JerryC »

You also get higher airflow through the vents on Max.