Freon™ Refrigerants

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

JohnHere
Preferred Member
Read the full article

Freon™ Refrigerants

Post by JohnHere »

Of particular interest, I found the following information from Chemours (below), which is a spin-off company created from the DuPont performance chemicals business. Recently, Chemours adopted Freon™, the old DuPont trademark for R-12, to represent all of the company's HFC products, including R-134a, which is now called Freon™ 134a for the Chemours product only. I think I'll just continue referring to it as "R-134a refrigerant" :mrgreen:
Chemours Freon™ Refrigerants

The Freon™ brand has been trusted by the industry since the first fluorochemical refrigerants were introduced to the marketplace by our business over 85 years ago. Over this time, Freon™ has come to stand for the highest quality and performance across multiple applications within air conditioning and refrigeration.

As our business developed new HFC products they took on new tradenames, including Suva™ and ISCEON™. However, as we began to transition to Chemours, we recognized the value of the Freon™ brand and have since taken steps to amplify it. As a result, our full HFC portfolio will be represented by Freon™ going forward.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.
Cusser
Preferred Member

Re: Freon™ Refrigerants

Post by Cusser »

As if it wasn't complicated before !