Car AC Issues

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Morr0721
Read the full article

Car AC Issues

Post by Morr0721 »

Hi, I have a 2006 Nissan Murano that is having issues with its AC. Last year I changed out the electromagnet in the AC clutch since it burned out. After a few months of cold air it stopped working. Now that it is getting warmer I am back at it. I hooked up a single gauge to the low side, and when I released some pressure in the high side it dropped the pressure in the low side. I don't have the dual gauge setup like I should but I figured I try this forum out to see if I could find some help here. Is this supposed to happen or is it indicative of a different problem? For what I am thinking there may a valve stuck open? Let me know what you all think. The pressure maintains but when I went to look at it before it got warm, there was no pressure in the entire system. As of now since the compressor is not running it is maintaining the pressure well. So to summarize, AC is not working and the line seems open; when I release pressure on the high side it drops pressure on the low side, and the compressor will not kick on. Thank you.
Cusser
Preferred Member

Re: Car AC Issues

Post by Cusser »

Morr0721 wrote:Hi, I have a 2006 Nissan Murano that is having issues with its AC. Last year I changed out the electromagnet in the AC clutch since it burned out. After a few months of cold air it stopped working.
Do you mean that the AC clutch is no longer engaging, or that it is engaging and the air is coming out warmer from the vents?

Morr0721 wrote:I don't have the dual gauge setup
I'll be blunt: you don't possess the equipment to be playing around with refrigerant levels or pressure. Take it to a real AC mechanic shop and let them weigh the amount of refrigerant and check your system's pressures and performance.
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Re: Car AC Issues

Post by JohnHere »

I'm trying to understand what the problem is, but I'm a bit confused about your comments concerning pressures, among other things. So, yes, I agree with Cusser. Start by having a professional A/C shop diagnose it. They'll have the training, experience, and specialized equipment necessary to make the appropriate repairs and probably save you money in the long run.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.