AC - Hot Driver side, Cold Passenger - Not the blender doors

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Viettmai
Read the full article

AC - Hot Driver side, Cold Passenger - Not the blender doors

Post by Viettmai »

Hi everybody please help me trouble this issue. Driver side blows hot air, passenger side blows cold.
Driver side temp 80F+ ,passenger side ~65F , Max low ,max blower, center front blower only.

2006 Acura TSX Navi 150k miles.

What I have done.
1) Clutch is engaging
2) Blender door actuator has been removed and manual changed to and from heating/cool still no cold air Actuator door moves freely.
3) Manifold Gauges - Low side 30-40, High side 150-180 Outside temp is ~77F-90F
4) Leak checked UV, no leaks found.
5) Recharged AC, was able to reach 65 degree on Driver side only above 2500rpm, then clutch kicks out.
6) Pipes on low side feels cool to touch.

Please help. Thank you.
Dougflas

Re: AC - Hot Driver side, Cold Passenger - Not the blender doors

Post by Dougflas »

Normally this symptom is from low charge. You stated the charge is good. You also say the blend doors are working. Does this system have separate controls for passenger and driver?
Viettmai

Post by Viettmai »

Yes the 06 tsx does have dual control.
Dougflas

Post by Dougflas »

Did you check a blend door between driver and passenger?
Viettmai

Post by Viettmai »

Driver, passenger and mode actuators and doors are working. And relies are all good.
The point that is getting me is that i can get ~65F on driver side if i slightly overcharge the system but the compressor clutch will cut out at 25000rpm. Could this be signs of bad compressor?
Jag987

Post by Jag987 »

Cabin air filter dirty and blocking air flow on one side? I have "repaired" many systems that the only problem was a dirty filter.
Last edited by Jag987 on Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I bought a can of freon at supermart. It had dye, oil, and stop leak in it. It also came with a hose and a gauge. Now I'm an ac professional!!!
johntempleman

Post by johntempleman »

Viettmai wrote:Hi everybody please help me trouble this issue. Driver side blows hot air, passenger side blows cold.
Driver side temp 80F+ ,passenger side ~65F , Max low ,max blower, center front blower only.

2006 Acura TSX Navi 150k miles.

What I have done.
1) Clutch is engaging
2) Blender door actuator has been removed and manual changed to and from heating/cool still no cold air Actuator door moves freely.
3) Manifold Gauges - Low side 30-40, High side 150-180 Outside temp is ~77F-90F
4) Leak checked UV, no leaks found.
5) Recharged AC, was able to reach 65 degree on Driver side only above 2500rpm, then clutch kicks out.
6) Pipes on low side feels cool to touch.

Please help. Thank you.
Mostly such problem occurs when the solar sensor is not working properly aka damaged. So you should just get it checked. If by God's grace found working, the other options could be getting the air filters and evaporation cores etc. cleaned as these are responsible for that cold breeze coming your way.
Love my Work!
Viettmai

Post by Viettmai »

Thank you, I'll check it and post after.
Viettmai

Post by Viettmai »

So its not the solar sensor.

I had a weekend and took out the compressor and check the system really well. It appears the issue was No/Low oil in the compressor which is why i couldn't find a leak because there were no oil for the dye to attach to. I added oil and now it blows cold air just fine on both driver and passenger. However, it seems that the compressor was damaged and doesn't seem to be able to push at low RPM very well.

SO, now that there is oil in the system i was able to find the leak at the discharge line, I will be replacing the compressor and discharge line when I get parts in.

Thank you everybody for helping me.
johntempleman

Post by johntempleman »

Its good to hear you got it all done. Everything worked out well and I am always happy to reply to such discussions.
Love my Work!