Evaporator Temp Sensor

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

tpntx
Read the full article

Evaporator Temp Sensor

Post by tpntx »

My 2010 Chevy Pickup has a bad sensor telling the system it's 32d. So the compressor short cycles. I know I have to pull the dash to get to the sensor which is a project for another day.
Right now in DFW is upper 90's and it will only get hotter through August.

So I know I can jumper the relay socket to where it's always on. Is there a chance it will freeze up in this heat or am I fairly save until it starts to cool off. Im going to fix it but I'd rather not deal with it at this time.

Thx
GM Tech
Preferred Member

Re: Evaporator Temp Sensor

Post by GM Tech »

I'd be more afraid of high pressure- when you jumper the relay, you have no control- if head pressure should rise to over 400 psi- the system cannot shut off compressor and you chance blowing out the high pressure relief valve- if really hot out- there needs to be an electrical cut-out which you will be bypassing.. A compressor running continuously under low load will destroy itself due to lack of lube due to low oil flow back to compressor- so if you want to still chance it- make sure head pressure stays below 400 and suction stays above 21 or so....not sure if you can watch those pressures while driving though.