01 f250 high low side and high side pressures

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

TucsonVTXF3
Read the full article

01 f250 high low side and high side pressures

Post by TucsonVTXF3 »

Well installed a new ford compressor, orifice and dryer. All new o-rings and hand flushed the system, blew the system out with shop air, before installing the new parts. well 2 month later it was blowing 40-50 out the vents the high side was 250 and the low side was 30 and hits 20 at 2000 rpm, recovered the Freon from the truck and it was .3 low. serviced it to to 2lbs 10 oz and now the pressures are 60 low side 350 on the high side? replaced the orfice just in case and it had no metal on it just a lil bit of fuzz on it replaced the low and high side switches and nothing changed it us blowing 75 out the vents and it seems to be hitting the high side switch. is the new compressor toast?
https://pix.sfly.com/YiQcAj
https://pix.sfly.com/s6XpE_
https://pix.sfly.com/iKWJae
GM Tech
Preferred Member

Re: 01 f250 high low side and high side pressures

Post by GM Tech »

Most likely- you probably washed it out with the remaining flush that could not be "blown out" of the system. Never put any degreasers in a system that you can't get it all out!. Seen this numerous times- I only flush with refrigerant, that way it all comes out, and if some was to be left in the system, it is no big deal.
TucsonVTXF3

Post by TucsonVTXF3 »

so my machine dosent do Freon flushes so how can I do that? I guess I need to reflush and replace the compressor and dryer. I do have Kent Moore J-45268 flush kit I guess t could do a high side charge through the flush kit and have it drain into a catch bucket out the low side? or would you go low to high and drain from the high side?
GM Tech
Preferred Member

Post by GM Tech »

If your machine is a recovery machine, it can do flushes. Simply fill at compressor discharge port connection and recover from suction connection-then reverse the flow- with appropriate flushing adapters- very simple- remove any expansion devices first, and if a TXV system- use a "dummy" txv in place of the real one to allow refrigerant to flow.
TucsonVTXF3

Post by TucsonVTXF3 »

my robinair 34788 doesn't do flushes its a 2007 model before the bios was updated to do flushes.
GM Tech
Preferred Member

Post by GM Tech »

Put a virgin 30 lb tank upsidedown and attach to compressor hose port with adapter- and let it fill- recover with your machine out the suction port with adapter- if your machine can recover, it can flush.
TucsonVTXF3

Post by TucsonVTXF3 »

how much Freon is needed to flush? my virgin tank is half full. My robin air 34788 is bios version 1.007 so it doesn't have the hose flush per robinair.This update applies to 34788 units manufactured before July 2008, All 34788 units manufactured July 2008 already have this feature. When adding the Hose Flush feature, the software in your unit must be 1.092 or newer. so should I flush through the dryer with Freon and then replacement? I have no way to by pass it in my Kent Moore J-45268 flush kit that I can see.
TucsonVTXF3

Post by TucsonVTXF3 »

Cant find anywhere on the web showing a Freon flush with the use of adaptors for a ford
TucsonVTXF3

Post by TucsonVTXF3 »

just made this do I need to bypass the dryer? I plan on replacing it after anyway with a new one
https://pix.sfly.com/5Ev-jk
I recovered 5lbs of Freon and 10oz oil from the from suction connection an then reversed the flush and recovered 2lbs of Freon and about 1 oz of oil before I ran out of virgin Freon do I need to flush more? there was no metal in the flush filter or on the orfice tube when I removed before the flush.
TucsonVTXF3

Post by TucsonVTXF3 »

any one?