06 Tundra not taking A/C charge

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Eth727
Read the full article

06 Tundra not taking A/C charge

Post by Eth727 »

Hi guys I tried recharging my 06 Tundra ac system but the compressor wouldn't kick on and refrigerant wouldn't go in. I did vacuum out the system for 45 min. I also jumped the ac compressor clutch since it wouldn't come on. The low side which I was charging from only went to 55 and the high side never went past 0. Any ideas?
Thanks
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Re: 06 Tundra not taking A/C charge

Post by JohnHere »

First thing is, don't jumper anything. If you run the compressor without a proper refrigerant charge, doing so will starve the compressor of oil and quickly destroy it.

It sounds like you're only reading the pressure in the refrigerant container. How are you attempting to charge it, by means of a Manifold Gauge Set and refrigerant scale, or a "recharge kit" from an auto parts store having its own hose and gauge...known as a Death Kit in the trade?
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

And you can damage the ECM.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Post by JohnHere »

I forgot to mention this earlier, but your 2006 Tundra (4-door model) takes 21 ounces net weight of R-134a and 7.75 fluid ounces of PAG-46. The 2-door model takes 23 ounces of R-134a; the oil amount and type are the same as the former.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.