2016 Nissan Frontier

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

83Indian
Read the full article

2016 Nissan Frontier

Post by 83Indian »

I have a v6 4.0L 2016 Nissan frontier. The ac system is dual climate control. My daughter turned up the heat on the passenger side and now its stuck blowing hot air. Driver side will blow cold or hot based on temp setting but passenger side is always hot. I have read where the blend actuator gear may be stripped and its stuck open. Unfortunately to get to the one on the passenger side requires the dash to be removed. Anything else I should check?
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Re: 2016 Nissan Frontier

Post by JohnHere »

Sounds like the actuator just happened to fail at that time. Are you sure the dash has to come apart to replace it?
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.
83Indian

Post by 83Indian »

Looking on cardiagn.com this looks like a nightmare. Have to remove the heating and cooling system which requires major disassembly of other components just to replace the air mix door motor passenger side. Looking at diagram its on the inside facing the firewall not accessible under the dash.
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Post by JohnHere »

83Indian wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:05 pm Looking on cardiagn.com this looks like a nightmare. Have to remove the heating and cooling system which requires major disassembly of other components just to replace the air mix door motor passenger side. Looking at diagram its on the inside facing the firewall not accessible under the dash.
In that case, you probably won't want to tackle the job yourself unless you have a weekend of difficult work to devote to it. You could consult a reputable, independent A/C shop to do the job for you. It might be worth whatever they charge. In the meantime, you could order an actuator from Nissan and provide it to the shop when you bring them the vehicle. I can't think of any alternative other than replacing the actuator, which you'll definitely want to do before next summer.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.