Any MACS people out there?

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

tbirdtbird
Preferred Member
Read the full article

Any MACS people out there?

Post by tbirdtbird »

I am just learning of the 3-day training session in Feb of 2023 in Nashville.
If I can figure out what to do with my dogs I am extremely tempted to join and go.

Anyone have any comment about these events?

Dave
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Re: Any MACS people out there?

Post by JohnHere »

The MACS training events and trade shows are excellent with outstanding guest speakers in attendance and top-notch accommodations. I particularly like the technical sessions, but the marketing sessions are great for business owners or anyone having an interest. The registration fee for nonmembers is expensive when factoring in transportation costs but are offset a bit by the lower member-registration discount. Either way, attending is well worth it. MACS even hosts an annual golf tournament at additional cost for those who are interested.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.
ice-n-tropics

Post by ice-n-tropics »

T Bird, You could probably help teach the course. but this MACS certificate or ASE are fun and would look good.
Training is separate from trade show. Was with about 10 other aftermarket installers/repairmen and OEM reps at launch to debug 3 day proposed training. Next MACS made training videos and we debugged them too.
A few years ago O'Riley's combined MACS training questions with ASE questions for a USA technician contest of the 50 toughest questions. They had prizes for the top technicians. O'Rileys banned me from competing after the first round of tests because it "wasn"t fair". Regret not failing a few questions.
You could also consider a Certificate of Completion/ Technician Type Universal. Certified by VGI Training EPA section 608 refrigerant handling approved for commercial Techs.
hotrodac
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Post by tbirdtbird »

Ice, thanks for the kind remarks.

I already have both 608 and 609, and do resi, low temp freezer, and mobile, but mobile remains the biggest challenge. There is always more to learn....such as getting better at front and rear AC

Maybe I'll shadow you for a day....
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com