Land Cruiser 2001 Model GXR, AC Low Suction Line Pressure

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

sherqa
Read the full article

Re: Land Cruiser 2001 Model GXR, AC Low Suction Line Pressure

Post by sherqa »

JohnHere wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:49 pm It will be hard to determine whether the condenser is blocked or partially blocked by examining it. Blockage typically occurs when a compressor begins to disintegrate internally and sends debris downstream that lodges in the condenser. But that hasn't happened to your compressor. If you have any doubt, I would go ahead and just replace the condenser, along with the R/D.
Dear JohnHere,

Few Years back I got an accident, the liquid line pipe near the sight glass behind the bumper was hit and got leak. The condenser pipe was open for 2 weeks, the ac was working properly after the repair. I guess if the oil inside the condenser and dryer filter contaminated and cause the blockage over the time ?
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Post by JohnHere »

sherqa wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:15 pm Few Years back I got an accident, the liquid line pipe near the sight glass behind the bumper was hit and got leak. The condenser pipe was open for 2 weeks, the ac was working properly after the repair. I guess if the oil inside the condenser and dryer filter contaminated and cause the blockage over the time ?
When you replaced the TXV, did you get a look at the oil? Was it black looking or light to medium amber in color?
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.
sherqa

Post by sherqa »

JohnHere wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:34 am When you replaced the TXV, did you get a look at the oil? Was it black looking or light to medium amber in color?
The oil was similar to light green.
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

That's the UV dye someone added. Were there any particles in the oil?
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Post by JohnHere »

Re-reading the thread, I'm concerned that air and moisture might remain in the system, which will raise pressures and reduce cooling, just as you're experiencing now.

For the time being, let's presume that the condenser is okay, that there aren't any blockages, or metallic particles in the oil. What you could try (or have a shop perform) in the meantime is to recover the refrigerant, replace the receiver/dryer, evacuate the system for at least a couple of hours to ensure all the air and moisture are removed, re-charge to specifications, and re-check the pressures and vent temperatures, which I suspect will show marked improvement.

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.
sherqa

Post by sherqa »

Tim wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:33 am That's the UV dye someone added. Were there any particles in the oil?
I didn't find any particles in the oil, may be some added UV dye as you said.
sherqa

Post by sherqa »

JohnHere wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:55 pm Re-reading the thread, I'm concerned that air and moisture might remain in the system, which will raise pressures and reduce cooling, just as you're experiencing now.
You are right Dear JohnHere, It must be air and moisture as you said, probably due to insufficient vacuum as the Oil was clean and no metallic particles found.
The summer here is on its peak these days, the Temperature reaches 45-48C and 70-80% Humidity, I will wait till the end of summer and replace the dryer filter and pull a vacuum for couple of hours as recommended.

I learned a lot new information from this thread, Thanks to everyone participated and special thanks to JohnHere.
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Post by JohnHere »

sherqa wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:29 pm It must be air and moisture as you said, probably due to insufficient vacuum as the Oil was clean and no metallic particles found. The summer here is on its peak these days, the Temperature reaches 45-48C and 70-80% Humidity, I will wait till the end of summer and replace the dryer filter and pull a vacuum for couple of hours as recommended.
That's hot and humid, all right. Converting from Celsius to Fahrenheit, 45-48°C equals 113-118°F.

Waiting until the temperatures drop to around 32°C (90°F) or slightly lower is well advised before trying to work on your car's A/C again.

Post back and let us know how you make out.