System on Fire Engine

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, JohnHere, Tim

bohica2xo
Preferred Member
Read the full article

Re: System on Fire Engine

Post by bohica2xo »

I guess the question is, how is the cooling capacity with 47f air? Large volumes of 47f air can cool pretty well.

I would wonder if the TXV has a poor CV match for the Evaporator size, causing the low discharge pressure, but I have a sample size of one here. No like I can compare the system to another - like we would with a Suburban for instance.
DetroitAC
Preferred Member

Post by DetroitAC »

Dgreen wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:42 pm 14 on the low side, 225 on the high side, vent temp was 47.
How much hose/pipes between the evaporator and the port where you get this pressure? I saw TM31, suction line should probably be dash 16 sized hoses and maybe 7/8" or larger hard lines?
Dgreen

Post by Dgreen »

The system moves a lot of air and at 47 vent temp, it does a good job of keeping us cool.

Connections for the gauges are on the compressor. I would call it a long run of hose from there to the evaporator. It’s a cab over and the evaporator is mounted to the roof on the inside of the cab.
DetroitAC
Preferred Member

Post by DetroitAC »

There you go then, big suction line pressure drop is how you get 14 psi at the compressor but evaporator running reasonable.
Dgreen

Post by Dgreen »

Thanks for helping me understand that!
Learn something every day!