Replacement Condenser recommendation

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

dbsoccer
Read the full article

Replacement Condenser recommendation

Post by dbsoccer »

Working on a 2019 RX-350. Apparently the A/C condenser was successful in preventing a rock from damaging the radiator. But we lost our A/C after only a third of our 3000 mile trip across Oregon, Nevada, Idaho and Utah. Hot trip.

Since rock damage is not covered under warranty I'm looking for a suitable replacement. Price for a replacement from the dealer is stupid. Denso seems to be out of stock until some unknown date in the future so parts houses can't even get the Denso version. But I see other brands, unfamiliar to me, that I have no experience with - GPD, Kool Vue and UAC. Can anyone comment on how the quality of say GPD compares to Denso? The original was a Denso (and is now out of the car) says it was made in the USA. That was a surprise. I would suspect most originals and all replacements are made in the Pacific rim.

Any help getting this repair moving forward would be appreciated. (I have ordered and received 3 condensers thus far for this repair and all three have been damaged in shipment so I'm getting a bit frustrated.)

Thanks.
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Re: Replacement Condenser recommendation

Post by tbirdtbird »

My suggestion is to contact the board owner, Tim.
He also runs a parts business under the name of www.ackits.com.
I would call and ask him.
His parts are verrry competitively priced and he has access to good parts. He is easy to work with, and knowledgeable

Post back and let us know how it works out
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com
Tim
Site Admin

Re: Replacement Condenser recommendation

Post by Tim »

Responded to their email request.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum