2002 Sentra 1.8L Overheats with the AC on

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

0utThere
Read the full article

Re: 2002 Sentra 1.8L Overheats with the AC on

Post by 0utThere »

Hello everyone
Tbird
cusser
johnhere

I found out what was wrong. I started to think about someone before me tried the advance auto copper seal ( they did it wrong left in the thermostat, the thermostat was bright copper. i replaced it) I tried a glass epoxy repair, lasted for almost a year. So a long time ago i remember reading on a forum about all that stuff stopping up a radiator. So I believe my radiator wasn't radiating as good as it should. got a new one at Rock Auto...only regret saw an all aluminum Radiator on Ebay for $20 more.
Right away I noticed a difference. no matter if i had the AC on or not the fans would come on and stay on , i believe around the time the thermostat opens. now the fans come on and go off for awhile and back on. with the AC on i believe they come on right away and stay on...not sure. AC works great temp gage does not move from the normal warmed up position.
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Re: 2002 Sentra 1.8L Overheats with the AC on

Post by tbirdtbird »

Thanks very much for posting an update!, it seldom happens, in which case no one learns anything...
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com