2003 Tahoe Parts Confusion

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

ScottNC
Read the full article

2003 Tahoe Parts Confusion

Post by ScottNC »

'03 Tahoe 5.3 with the C69 option (rear air?). Flex fuel, dual zone control and rear auxiliary air. Compressor is noisy so it, the drier, orifice tube and rear expansion valve are going to be replaced with original equipment manufacturer parts. I have questions about the expansion valve and orifice tube: Is the GM original equipment #1550171 rear expansion valve worth $49 versus the half dozen aftermarket ones at $11 to $13? There are two size orifice tube choices, a 13mm #1550121 and a 17mm # 19418346 (2nd design), how do I know which I have before ordering parts? I am looking to buy from Rock Auto/Amazon.
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Re: 2003 Tahoe Parts Confusion

Post by tbirdtbird »

Don't you just love how ppl come to this site for advice, then snub the site owner (Tim) by getting their parts somewhere else, instead of supporting the forum that helped you with your questions and troubleshooting

Tim's prices are competitive, too.

Try going to the Amazon AC forum to answer your questions
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com
ScottNC

Post by ScottNC »

Don't you love how ppl come to this site and flame those new-to-site without asking if they knew that Tim sold parts. Didn't know. I do now. You could have given me the benefit of the doubt and merely clued me in so I could correct my ways in nice friendly discourse, but nope. You went straight for the throat. Dick.

The irony is, now Tim still won't sell the parts but now it's on account of you tbirdtbird.
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Post by tbirdtbird »

You've been here 10 other times, you knew
And why else would you come here for a parts clarification....
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

ScottNC wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:25 pm The irony is, now Tim still won't sell the parts but now it's on account of you tbirdtbird.
If available and you're in the US. I don't see why we would not ship items to you. With little support these days. Next year when server renewal is due. Choices will be made. 1996 to 2022 was a pretty good run.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum