Help with Installing a Electronic AC unit.

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

hoylegj
Read the full article

Help with Installing a Electronic AC unit.

Post by hoylegj »

Hi,

I'm in the middle of building a hotrod and at the Heat and AC part. I'm really short on space so a electronic was the only option, or not have AC and that's a step to far..

So my question is around control, making the AC stop and start. The wiring diagrams for the controller are useless, so I've pulled together what I have managed to find so far.

So the Issue is, the controller has a FeedBack input but now where does it say what this needs to be. I'll power up the controller tomorrow and see what on the feedback terminal.

The Evaporator has a senor/controller which has a switched output for AC, I've powered that up and its +12v at room temp, my guess is when cold it will switch to Zero and thus if it was driving a clutch it would disengage.

Any thought / help would be gratefully received

Here's a link to a V1 diagram. Many thanks

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cKNVxFsFTRTFfQia8

tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Re: Help with Installing a Electronic AC unit.

Post by tbirdtbird »

" I'm really short on space so a electronic was the only option"
Just exactly what does this mean?
The schematic looks like mincemeat. I see a typical evap, FD, a few other unrecognizable things, but where is the condenser and the compressor. Surely you do not mean an 'electronic' compressor, whatever that might be.
I think if you are truly looking for input, you would give us make and model of any non-standard components so we could better understand what you are trying to accomplish
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com