Low side normal /high side low stumped

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Excursion2001
Read the full article

Re: Low side normal /high side low stumped

Post by Excursion2001 »

tbirdtbird wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:33 am "I put all the new parts on"
John, what does this mean? That he changed out the evap and condenser as well?
If that original comp grenaded then as you know he has more problems yet.
I had trouble following his writeup especially when he said his hi is supposed to be 350
I’m sorry for the confusion I had a more detailed explanation but when I submitted it it logged me out so I had to rewrite everything but everything but the evaporators were replaced and the compressor did not blow up . it was off because the previous owner had changed the engine and he cut it off idk why but he did
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Post by tbirdtbird »

Many boards will time you out when you are composing a long post. Solution is to compose in a text or word editor such as Word, etc, then copy and paste into your post.

The two evap still had their oil, (the inside is coated with the oil) I would not have used all 14 oz of oil

I have limited experience with dual systems, so let's wait for JohnHere to get back on
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com
Excursion2001

Post by Excursion2001 »

tbirdtbird wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:46 pm Many boards will time you out when you are composing a long post. Solution is to compose in a text or word editor such as Word, etc, then copy and paste into your post.

The two evap still had their oil, (the inside is coated with the oil) I would not have used all 14 oz of oil

I have limited experience with dual systems, so let's wait for JohnHere to get back on
Ok I used my phone for this so I’ll type it out next time then post it. The evaporators where pretty clean before I flushed and cleaned them since they were the only thing I reused and everything else I replaced includes all lines , accumulator, ot,txv, condenser , ac compressor, high and low pressure switch
Excursion2001

Post by Excursion2001 »

Update

so I had to find a way to hold the gas pedal down I have electric seats so I grabbed a breaker bar and put it on the seat and moved the seat forward on the pedal . I got the engine up too 1800rpm and checked gauges . My gauge set on low side started to drop and my high side began to rise is this it’s operating pressure when it’s rpms are @1800??? If so my gauges where reading low side 3.2 bar( 46.4 psi) and high side 19 bar (275psi) with the temperature out side being 95 outside according to my temp gauge and my suction lines began to sweat
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Post by tbirdtbird »

I am not a dual system guy but those readings seem good to me.....wait for John or Tim to weigh in
Are you able to get a temp (hopefully with a thermocouple) at the vents?
When on the road would you not be keeping your RPMs between about 1800 to 2500 ?

Have to wonder where you are that your native pressures are in bar
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com
Excursion2001

Post by Excursion2001 »

tbirdtbird wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:41 pm I am not a dual system guy but those readings seem good to me.....wait for John or Tim to weigh in
Are you able to get a temp (hopefully with a thermocouple) at the vents?
When on the road would you not be keeping your RPMs between about 1800 to 2500 ?

Have to wonder where you are that your native pressures are in bar
Ok I shall wait ahah I haven’t got the chance to take it off base but I know going at around 35mph it will only get to 70ish degrees out of the vents if it’s cooler like this morning it will get colder like 60 out of the vents but no way if it’s 100+ outside it will only blow 70 and 1800 rpm my speed around 65mph . My gauge set only has bar so I iv got used to it
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Post by tbirdtbird »

Are you actually measuring vent temp or estimating.....
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Post by JohnHere »

I don't remember anymore, but did you check the fans? Are they going on and off? Also, did you charge it with both the front and rear A/C turned on?
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.
Excursion2001

Post by Excursion2001 »

tbirdtbird wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:38 am Are you actually measuring vent temp or estimating.....
I have a temp gauge in the vent it’s just hard to read it cause it’s one of those small ones
Excursion2001

Post by Excursion2001 »

JohnHere wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:22 am I don't remember anymore, but did you check the fans? Are they going on and off? Also, did you charge it with both the front and rear A/C turned on?
By fans you mean the fan on the engine yes it’s pulling plenty of air as well as the cabin blower motors . And I did charge it with both front and rear on max settings the blend door is working and so is recirculate