Compressor not holding vacuum

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

fhorta
Read the full article

Re: Compressor not holding vacuum

Post by fhorta »

Ok. It occurred to me to weigh the can again now that its empty. They emptied out pretty much. That might tell me exactly how much liquid in ounces went in.
fhorta

Post by fhorta »

All charged and seems to be doing ok. Now I have air coming from defrost vents only. There is supposed to be a black ball vacuum reservoir black balI thing i guess in the pass side bumper area but that component is not there. There is no ball or lines. Thinking about opening foot well area and see what's in there by firewall. But if this component you mention is missing, will there be anything else im firewall area that will fix problem? Thanks
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Post by tbirdtbird »

Did vents operate correctly at some point in time?
Not familiar with car. Cable operated? cable end fell off? diverter door broke?
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com
fhorta

Post by fhorta »

It , looks like problem solved. There was a loose little tubing coming out of firewall into engine bay. Stuck it back in to little boot which is attached to drip system irrigation looking thing with more tubings. Now blowing through vents.

Otherthing now is fluttering sound from ac compressor . it's intermittent sound. I put more tension on belt and sound went away. But when i rev engine, after i let go of gas ac hesitates like it wants to turno off but then when engine idles normally again, ac system back to normal. Maybe tension belt some more?
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Post by tbirdtbird »

Your drip system irrigation is actually your vacuum manifold.

Cannot tell how tight your belt really is from here. Overtight and you toast your bearings.
General rule of thumb for old school V belt is to depress belt forcefully in the middle of a run and it should depress about 1/2".
Wonder, might be worthwhile to check clutch air gap. That is written up many times here, cannot hurt to check. Do a search
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com
fhorta

Post by fhorta »

Thanks all. Looks like this ac jas held and good to go. Hopefully will last. .....And just as I parked it after test drive, noticed coolant leak right where tranny and motor meet. Rear freeze plug? Guess will have to start another thread
DetroitAC
Preferred Member

Post by DetroitAC »

Ban this fool Acerts
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

DetroitAC wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:23 am Ban this fool Acerts
I did as soon as my coffee was ready. :)
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
fhorta

Post by fhorta »

:o
All good and working great. Great forum...😉