compressor connector

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Noquacks
Read the full article

compressor connector

Post by Noquacks »

People,

2001 civic ex, got the new compressor, car taken apart and found out the new comp connector has 2 black and one red wire, and the connector is different. My original one has only one wire and went directly to the thermal protector. Can I cut off the connector and somehow make it work? I guess the one wire from the old comp is hot. But the thermal protector on the new comp has 2 black wires going to the connector end. The old comp has the thermal [protector in line, so can I simply cut off the 2 black wires and send one to the coil and wires it as the old comp IN SERIES as opposed to parallel?

Thanks.
Noquacks

Re: compressor connector

Post by Noquacks »

In other words, can I rewire the new 3 wire comp so that the thermal protector is directly in line with the hot wire just like the old comp?
Noquacks

Post by Noquacks »

OK, I didnt have much choice so I did that and installed the comp. Now I added just a can of gas (12 oz) and comp dos not kick on. PSI is 90 or so. Shouldnt the comp start/engage with 90 psi? I dont know what else to do. I did try to start it by jumping the relay with no luck. help appreciated as always.
Noquacks

Post by Noquacks »

Gonna try to jump the pressure switch to see if the comp kicks on for a few seconds only.
Noquacks

Post by Noquacks »

I jumped the presssure switch and the comp started. Finally! So, I ohmd the resistance and got 0.03 ohms. Engine off. Anyone know what ohms a good switch would show? This was the only way for me to get the comp to kick on, by jumping the switch.