Strange PSI's in AC system, no cold AC

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere, Dougflas, HECAT

bohica2xo

Re: Strange PSI's in AC system, no cold AC

Postby bohica2xo » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:26 pm

You can hold any two of the three holes the break the nut loose. I use an adjustable pin spanner for that job

If you need the puller to get it off the shaft (sometimes there is a little corrosion) it screws in to the threads in the center of the hub. I know this can be pain in the butt sometimes on FWD cars, but it still beats a compressor Replacement
Cusser

Postby Cusser » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:58 am

For my 1988 Mazda truck's Sanden compressor, the Autozone loaner tool did not fit either, I made my own tool for this. details and picture are here http://www.mazdatrucking.com/forum/show ... eplacement

For my 1998 Frontier I screwed in three 5mm bolt to extract its drive plate.

To loosen the bolt in the center of a drive plate, I have also left the AC belt on and tight, and jumped the wire to the AC clutch to get it to engage and then looened the center bolt.
Tim
Site Admin

Postby Tim » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:38 am

Cusser wrote:For my 1988 Mazda truck's Sanden compressor, the Autozone loaner tool did not fit either, I made my own tool for this. details and picture are here http://www.mazdatrucking.com/forum/show ... eplacement

For my 1998 Frontier I screwed in three 5mm bolt to extract its drive plate.

To loosen the bolt in the center of a drive plate, I have also left the AC belt on and tight, and jumped the wire to the AC clutch to get it to engage and then looened the center bolt.

Just a notation. The link in your link is no longer available. No current crosses for it either.

Some options.
https://www.ackits.com/mt0950-santech-c ... rch=mt0950

https://www.ackits.com/mt1121-santech-c ... rch=mt1121

https://www.ackits.com/universal-clutch ... rch=mt0594
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.
P:602-233-0090
pippo

Postby pippo » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:10 pm

So many good ideas, people. Thanks! You guys are too much!! I might first try 3 metric bolts/nuts to fit those holes. I will let yous know what happens.
bohica2xo

Postby bohica2xo » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:24 pm

Ok, last one. Not the best option - but on the side of the road in Mexico in the dark...

One bolt in the plate, large screwdriver between the bolt & the socket on the nut. I was really tired of dripping sweat.
pippo

Postby pippo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:49 am

bohica2xo wrote:Ok, last one. Not the best option - but on the side of the road in Mexico in the dark...

One bolt in the plate, large screwdriver between the bolt & the socket on the nut. I was really tired of dripping sweat.

How did you know this would work for me? Thats what I did! But now the plate wont come off. I tried to gently pry it off with a screwdriver , all around, to loosen it, but afraid to maybe warp it. How do you get these off? with propane torch? Gently pound it (oxymoron?)?
pippo

Postby pippo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:19 pm

OK, heat from a propane torch did not help- plate is glued on there tight. Sheesh. Hate to force it off. What now, people?
bohica2xo

Postby bohica2xo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:11 pm

As I mentioned you may need the puller to get it off.

It looks like the tool on the left:

The bore for the socket in the plate has internal threads. The puller threads in, and the bolt presses it off of the shaft.

The chain auto parts stores should have loaners. There are a couple of sizes, it may take two tries to actually get the right one.
pippo

Postby pippo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:23 pm

bohica2xo wrote:As I mentioned you may need the puller to get it off.

It looks like the tool on the left:

The bore for the socket in the plate has internal threads. The puller threads in, and the bolt presses it off of the shaft.

The chain auto parts stores should have loaners. There are a couple of sizes, it may take two tries to actually get the right one.

So that's what that kit is for! I thought it was only to pull of the clutch itself. Guess Im going to AZ to rent it ........Thanks, Bo!
Noquacks

Postby Noquacks » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:46 pm

Ok, its going slow, but steady. I will be picking up this kit tomorrow, but am worried as to how to determine the 0.020 gap . I now have 0.035. So, should one expect to find "washers" inside the plate, which one can remove to get to the lower gap size? If so, can one then just tighten the plate down and expect the right gap, or is it more trial and error? (noquacks is my other name from another computer, I am same as pippo, sorry for confusion)

Return to “Automotive Air Conditioning Forum”