Dodge Ram not charging

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

marininn
Read the full article

Re: Dodge Ram not charging

Post by marininn »

I have the specs in truck….

Repair is done, AC works… for now.

My schrader valve is leaking, so I bought a kit. The high side (maybe both) uses a 13.5mm socket to remove it. Or just use vice grips. It's a 13.5mm socket fitting which nobody has, just use vice grips lightly clamped and it will come off easy.

Nightmare repair. I ordered the parts so I can use my household manifold on the auto, but the ebay part is broken, so that is no option, so had to rent the broken Autozone tool again. This is when I find the leak, it seems to not leak with the cap on, but I think it needs to not rely on the cap.

Lesson here is the AutoZone tools are junk, cheap China made tools. Please Prez Trump, save us from china!
People who rent tool will damage them and mis-use them. Autozone will not fix or take a broken tool out of service even when they are told by customer that the tool is bad and did not work. The tool rental is free, but I end up buying parts from them, so they are getting paid.

Don't trust a china tool, or any rental tool to be accurate or even work. I wish I had just bought my own manifold tool to begin with, it would have been cheaper.
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Re: Dodge Ram not charging

Post by JohnHere »

The outer caps do the actual sealing, not the Shraders, which can leak a little bit normally. So don't be overly concerned about them. Ensure that the caps are on good and snug and that the internal seals are okay, and you should be fine. If you have doubts, just replace the caps with new ones.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to the Forum.