Automotive Air Conditioning Information Forum (Archives)

Provided by

We've updated our forums!
Click here to visit the new forum

Archive Home

Search Auto AC Forum Archives

What are these charge hose fittings called

Drake57 on Mon May 23, 2011 12:28 PM User is offline

that connect a charge to gauge manifold, or to a can adapter, that have a knurled female coupling with a rubber washer? I have a nitrogen bottle with that same style hose, and would like to be able to adapt to standard pipe threads to be able to attach other air hose tools. The hose from the nitrogen bottle fits the center nipple of the gauge manifold.

My gauge set is a R134A set, from AMA.

So the fitting I'd love to find would have male AC hose style nipple on one end, and 1/8" or 1/4" male SPT on the other end, just like the fitting that is in the spray nozzle on my flush gun from AMA also.

Can anyone tell me what the technical name or description of these fittings?

Also, can anyone say where a good source for another one of these rubber tipped air nozzles mentioned above?

Thanks, Drake.

Drake57 on Mon May 23, 2011 4:47 PM User is offline

Oh, I think these fittings are male 1/4" SAE 45° flare fittings, same as commonly sold at the hardware store. Sorry for the seemingly dumb question, I just thought they were something special for air conditioning.

I ordered the air nozzle not from AMA, apparently they do not sell the nozzles separate of the flush guns.

Back to Automotive Air Conditioning Forum

We've updated our forums!
Click here to visit the new forum

Archive Home

Copyright © 2016 Arizona Mobile Air Inc.