Automotive Air Conditioning Information Forum (Archives)

Provided by

We've updated our forums!
Click here to visit the new forum

Archive Home

Search Auto AC Forum Archives

Help with my R134a conversion please

slcbird92 on Wed May 12, 2010 9:31 PM User is offline

Year: 1992
Make: Ford
Model: Thunderbird
Engine Size: 5.0
Refrigerant Type: R12
Country of Origin: United States

Hello, I was hoping that someone could help me with my retrofit I have thoroughly researched my project and believe that I have e everything needed. Except the answers to a couple questions.

1 I understand that I need to replace my accumulator but no one in this town has one in stock. I see that ACkits has the 37-23235 - Accumulator - Drier available. I can see that it does not have a crimped on line like the stock one does and was told it is ok to cut off the line and clamp it on the new part since it is a low pressure line. Is this true? I would of course prefer the permanent line but I was unable to locate on on their website. It also doesn't appear (in the picture on their website) to have the connection for the pressure switch like the old one does either. I understand that "the picture may differ from the actual part" as ome disclaimers go.

2 I believe that I also need to replace the orifice tube. I was working with another vendor over the phone and they could not tell me where the orifice tube is located. I understand that it may be in the evaporator but would like to have the parts in hand before I tear into this. Any body?

Thanks In Advance,

Chick on Thu May 13, 2010 7:22 AM User is offlineView users profile

Give the guys at a call, they will have the parts you need in stock, and a lot cheaper than local parts supplers.. is this the accumulator you need?...

Email: Chick


Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose

slcbird92 on Thu May 13, 2010 8:58 AM User is offline

Thanks very much for your reply!

HVargas on Thu May 13, 2010 11:58 AM User is offlineView users profile

Seth, as Chick stated the 37-23267 will be the accumulator you need. As with most Ford vehicles, the orifice tube is fixed in the liquid line. So the only way to replace the orifice tube is to replace the whole line, which we have here. 34-63258


When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you:
Contact: Arizona Mobile Air

Back to Automotive Air Conditioning Forum

We've updated our forums!
Click here to visit the new forum

Archive Home

Copyright © 2016 Arizona Mobile Air Inc.