AC Performance Test - CIVIC 4th (1988-1991) Service Manual

Information on some common auto air conditioning topics.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Legitness211
Read the full article

AC Performance Test - CIVIC 4th (1988-1991) Service Manual

Post by Legitness211 »

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well.

I was looking into the 1990 Honda Civic workshop manual, and I found an AC peformance test. I don't have that much knowledge about car AC, but I was wondering if this procedure would be helpful to determine the correct refrigerant charge and the correct operation of all components. I know that back then those Honda AC systems used R12, so I wonder if this procedure could be applied in a r134 system.
Test1.jpg
Test1.jpg (229.64 KiB) Viewed 4665 times
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Re: AC Performance Test - CIVIC 4th (1988-1991) Service Manual

Post by JohnHere »

Welcome.

The procedure you included from the manual appears rather complex, confusing, and missing some parameters, so I didn't try it out. However, diagnosing R-134a systems via pressures has been covered numerous times in this Forum—in a much simpler fashion, I might add—and can be searched-for in the Automotive Air Conditioning Forum and in the Archived Forum. After reading up on that subject, feel free to post any additional questions you might have, and we'll do our best to answer them.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.
Tim
Site Admin

Re: AC Performance Test - CIVIC 4th (1988-1991) Service Manual

Post by Tim »

Archived Forum:

Was lost in this last server move. Files are there but not sure why they are not showing. At this point, not putting more money into fixing it since the site generates almost no revenue to offset costs.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum