Toyota Auris A/C not working?

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

JohnHere
Preferred Member
Read the full article

Re: Toyota Auris A/C not working?

Post by JohnHere »

cjazz wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:58 am The problem was because the system was low in pressure.
And therefore low on refrigerant, as we thought. I hope it lasts. Did the shop check the system for leaks, and did they find any? If not, the leakage might be slight seasonal losses from the front compressor seal.
cjazz wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:58 am Took it to a A/C workshop who recharged the system an put some kind of leak lubricant in the system. Four months later I have a squeaking noise somewhere around the front pulley area, more than likely a noisy belt tensioner or idler bearing, noise comes an goes and seems a bit worse when the engine is hot. I hope it's not the a/c pump, what do you guys think?
Good that the shop recharged it, but not so good if they put in stop leak, if that's what you mean. I advocate using only pure refrigerant without any stop leak or other additives. You should be aware that stop leak tends to gum-up a system and might cause more problems in the future.

As for the slight squeaking, it does sound like a bearing noise, either the tensioner bearing or the clutch bearing. If the latter, you can replace the entire clutch or just its bearing without having to recover the system, evacuate, and recharge it.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.